I’ve received a couple of questions about the new plans so I thought I would clarify what will be changing in the next week. We had a design meeting last week and finished with a rough sketch of what would be changed in the final iteration. Here’s the list:
- The kitchen and core module on the first floor will be rotated 90 degrees so that the powder room and mechanical closet will be against the East wall and the kitchen will be in one long bar facing the West wall. There will be about 12′ from the edge of the kitchen counter to the West wall to allow for a table or bar and shelving along the West wall.
- There will be a roughly 10′ x 17′ space remaining open in the back of the ground floor for a dining room or separate sitting area. These changes will yield a more open first floor plan.
- The stairway will be moved into the main living room in the front of the house to open up the kitchen and provide more room in the master bedroom.
- The floorplan on the second floor will be shifted towards the front of the house about 5′ or so to allow for a deck off of the master bedroom in the rear of the house.
- The small space on the other side of the master bath will be extended to 7′ wide minimum to create a full 2nd bedroom. This will shorten the open space to below for the living room but add a much needed 2nd bedroom.
- There will be some changes to the windows that will be determined in the next week as we try to create a detailed window schedule for ease of quoting.
If you enjoyed reading this post I can promise you'll love our new writing over at Postgreen Homes. Yeah, we know that's the same thing your favorite band said and their new album is nowhere near as good as their early stuff, but seriously, we are actually still getting better.
There also isn't much conversation to be had here . . . at least not with us. So come on over to the Postgreen Homes Blog and tell us what you think of our new(ish) digs and crazy ideas. We will be sure to tell you what we think of your opinion.