Well, we have successfully navigated the holiday season, and as you can tell from our recent blog drought, we had a good time with our friends and family. We hope everyone out there enjoyed their own annual winter revelry and the penultimate moments of 2010. Now it is time to get down to the business of 2011.
We have an exciting (and somewhat daunting) year looming ahead of us here at Postgreen and Hybrid Construction. Our first few years in the business have been spent positioning ourselves and refining our approach for the coming storm of activity. After all that important, establishing work, we feel ready to really get into the business of growing these companies we have created and expanding the scope of our work. This year will see us broaden our focus, increase the scale of our efforts and introduce a few more ideas that will probably, at some point, be used as evidence of our craziness.
To give you all an idea of what I am talking about, I have put together a partial list of our 2011 plans. Some of this is set in stone and some of it may never actually occur. The list is often irritatingly vague. This is either because some things must be kept quiet for a bit longer or because we simply don’t know any of the details yet. There are also some moments where we are less than forthcoming because we simply find such obfuscation entertaining. It is also important to keep in mind that many of this undertakings are too big for the confines of a single year and their inclusion is simply meant to suggest that we would like to start them in 2011.
Postgreen and Hybrid 2011 List of (potential) Undertakings
- Avant Garage – Our first Postgreen Homes Project of the year will be four LEED Platinum targeted homes in Fishtown. These are available now for customization and purchase. We hope to start construction very soon.
- Design/Build – Hybrid Construction, in cooperation with our architectural partners, will be providing design/build services. We already have one project in the early stages of development, and we’re ready for more.
- 100k Design Consulting – The 100k Team (Postgreen, Hybrid and ISA) is providing design consulting services for projects outside of our area. Right now this includes a probable project in Baltimore and an odd (and probably fruitless) conversation with some folks in the Middle East.
- Awesometown – We have been talking about this project for a while, but it is finally happening this year. Those who pay attention might have noticed that there isn’t much information available on this project online at the moment. That is because we have pulled everything in anticipation of the announcement of our new design concept. Stay tuned for the whole story soon.
- South Philly – Postgreen Homes is about to hit South Philly hard. That’s all we are saying for now. If you want to hear more come on out to our event this Thursday.
- Mixed-Use Rentals – We plan to build our first mixed-use buildings this year. This will include apartments and retail space. We hope to announce the first of these buildings this spring.
- Office Space – In addition to our apartment rentals we are hoping to build some commercial office space this year. We have a couple potential locations for this, but we aren’t letting that cat out of the bag yet.
- Kitchens and Casework – It seems that every year needs a new company. 2010 saw the formation of Hybrid Construction. This year we will be introducing our new cabinets and casework company. We are really excited about this but we’re keeping our mouths shut for now. More information and the first prototype kitchen can be seen at our event this Thursday.
- General Contracting Services – Hybrid Construction has already begun offering GC services to other owners, architects and developers. We have a couple projects underway in this capacity and we hope to grow that business this year. If you need a contractor let us know.
- Pre-Development for the Big One – Apparently the Mayans predicted that the world will end in 2012, but if that doesn’t happen we plan on being prepared to do something huge. We have plenty of ideas for what this monster project might be, but we aren’t talking . . .yet.
Well, that is about it for now. Just putting it in list form like this makes me alternately excited and tired. Remember, this is merely what we currently hope to do. It could turn into less or more depending on the whims of the world. As I mentioned a couple times, we will be sharing even more information at our event this Thursday at the Two Point Five. Come on out and applaud or ambition or laugh at our hubris.
Questions will be answered (or pointedly ignored) in the comments.
If you enjoyed reading this post I can promise you'll love our new writing over at Postgreen Homes. Yeah, we know that's the same thing your favorite band said and their new album is nowhere near as good as their early stuff, but seriously, we are actually still getting better.
There also isn't much conversation to be had here . . . at least not with us. So come on over to the Postgreen Homes Blog and tell us what you think of our new(ish) digs and crazy ideas. We will be sure to tell you what we think of your opinion.